Monex Group’s DARTs slightly up in Apr 2016 after dropping in March

Monex Group’s DARTs slightly up in Apr 2016 after dropping in March

Do not invest more money than you can afford to lose.


Monex Group, a Japanese forex brokerage group, reported on Monday its consolidated Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), or the daily number of transactions that generate revenue per business day, slightly increased by 3.9% over the month to 299,629 in April 2016. However, the figure is 5.8% lower compared to a year earlier when the group’s DARTs numbered 318,116.

Monex Group darts Apr 2016Usually the broker posts data about its forex trading volumes, but this time such information was missing from the notice.

Monex Inc., the group’s Japanese subsidiary, also posted similar results – its DARTs stood at 189,416 last month, which is 7.6% higher than in March, yet 2.8% lower than a year earlier. Meanwhile, the DARTs of TradeStation Group, which is in charge of Monex group’s operations in North America and Europe, was 110,929 in April, which was a decline of 1.6% month-on-month and 10% over the year.

The daily trade value of Monex Inc. averaged JPY 169.8 billion, posting an increase over the month and the year of 20% and 10.4%, respectively. In the stock broking segment, its monthly trade value exceeded JPY 1.2 trillion. Staying flattish on the month and jumping 23.3% year-on-year.

Monex Inc.’s actoive accounts reached 996,990 in total in April, of which 63,507 were for forex trading. Meanwhile, the active accounts of TradeStation Group stayed flattish over the month at 61,819, which is 6.7% lower than a year earlier. Active accounts indicates the number of accounts (equities, futures, forex, etc.) with a balance of more than $200, or which have traded in the past 6 months as of the end of each month.

In March, Monex Group was the second largest forex broker in terms of DARTs, followed by its two unit Monex Inc. and TradeStation Group. The group, however, is not in the top five in terms of retail forex trading volume. The leader, Japanese peer GMO Click Securities, had a trading volume of JPY 144.3 trillion in March, keeping the first rank despite a drop of more than 24%.  Some forex brokers have already published earlier this month their monthly metrics for April. For instance, US-based automated forex broker Interactive Brokers saw its DARTs at 662,000 in April.

Monex Group operates internationally and consists of a group of companies based in Japan, Asia, North America and Europe. Monex Group operates under three retail trading brands – Monex, TradeStateion and Boom. The majority, or about 60%, of its revenue comes from operations in Japan and the remaining 40% from operations in the US. It did not provide trading metrics about its other subsidiaries.

It consists of Japan-based holding company Monex Group Inc. and its Japanese subsidiaries Monex Inc., Monex Ventures, Trade Science Corp., Monex Hambrecht, and Monex-Saison-Vnaguard Investment Partners, which is a joint venture in which the group holds a majority stake. In addition, the group owns TradeStation Group, which is in charge of the operations in North America and Europe, and Monex International, aka Monex Boom Group, which is in charge of the Asian business.

Source: Monex Group

Top Forex Brokers

BrokerCountryRatingMin. DepositWebsite
--- Click for a special offerWebsite
--- Click for a special offerWebsite

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *