RECOMMENDED FOREX BROKERS
Do not invest more money than you can afford to lose.
TradingView, a retail charting tool platform that recently announced the launch of trading functionalities, said on Wednesday it has released new in-built variables in Pine scripting language. The new additions will help users define the current bar state.
The addition of the Pine-based variables in response of client requests. Following is a list of all the newly-added variables:
- barstate.isfirst – true if a current bar is the first in the range of bars, otherwise – false
- barstate.islast – true if a current bar is the last in the range of bars, otherwise – false
- barstate.ishistory – true if a current bar is a historical one, otherwise – false
- barstate.isrealtime – true if a current bar is a real-time bar, otherwise – false
- barstate.isnew – true if a current bar is a new bar, otherwise – false. All historical bars are new bars. For bars updating in real-time a bar is considered as a new bar only at opening tick of this bar.
Users can easily add the new Pine-based variables by pasting the codes from above into their Pine Editor and then click the add-to-chart button. The script draws red and blue symbols under the first and the last bars accordingly and indicates historical bars with an ‘h‘. The background of the new bars will be highlighted green and real-time bars will be colored black.
Also on Wednesday, TradingView announced it is adding as an option the setting up of alerts on Heikin Ashi, Kagi, Renko, Point & Figure and Line Break charts.
TradingView features customizable charts, basic and advanced ones alike, as well as more than 50 drawing tools that can be used for understanding and analyzing the financial markets. It is web-based and uses HTML5 charts. Its charts work on all browser and operating systems. The platform provides free access to data about a wide range of trading instruments, among which forex, Bitcoin, stocks, futures, all major indices, and contracts for difference (CFDs).
Recently, the charting company announced it is TradingView announced it is adding as an option the setting up of alerts