Canadian multi-asset financial brokerage Questrade said it has released another update to its flagship trading platforms IQ Edge and Questrade Trading, with which it has made some enhancements.
IQ Edge’s update features new research tools
With the latest update of IQ Edge, Questrade has achieved better margin visibility and has expanded the number of in-depth research tools available, which helps users make more informed trading decisions. Following is a list of the new and enhanced features introduced to the platform with the latest update:
- Better visibility of margin available – In fast-moving markets, you need to make quick decisions. Now you can see the maximum amount you can borrow on margin for each individual security as well as long and short margin rates.
- Strategy grouping view – Want to see open derivatives and equities positions by strategy? You got it. Our new strategy grouping view lets you better understand your collateral and margin allocations.
- Improved charting and research – Get a better perspective on each security you research by adding corporate actions and fundamental data to your charts. Dividend information, stock splits, earnings per share, and more are all yours.
- A new quantitative study – Take a deep quantitative analysis dive with the William % R study now available in IQ Edge. This study is a momentum indicator that compares the close of a stock to the high-low range over a period of time, typically 14 days.
Questrade Trading updates focus on making more informed trading decisions
The accent in the newly-released updated version of Questrade Trading is information. Following are the new features:
- Custom alerts – As the market goes up and down, you want to stay informed about the securities you’re watching. Create and manage custom alerts for investments you own and those on your watchlists so you’re automatically notified by email when significant events happen. Choose from pre-defined conditions such as price, 52-week high/low, and high volume changes.
- Improved platform layout – Get to your balances information faster and more easily with our new balances tab. Moving away from the floating panel currently available will help you navigate on smaller screens and configure the trading platform in a way that works best for you.
- Improved currency displays – Your balances are now displayed simultaneously in both Canadian and U.S. dollars. No more selecting a currency to see different information.
Questrade Trading ensures an all-in-one trading experience. IQ Trade is more customizable than Questrade Trading, but the latter is available via more platforms – for desktop, web browser, tablet or smartphone.
IQ Edge features pre-installed option trading layouts and an option for the installation of additional tools that are fully customizable. It is available for download free of charge and can be installed on any desktop device, as well as as a mobile trading app (IQ Mobile) and a web-based platform (IQ Web). Just recently, the broker launched a Mac-compatible version of the platform.
In addition to these two platform, Questrade clients also have access to the MetaTrader 4 (MT4), QuestradeFX, QuestradeFX PRO, and IQ Mobile.
Toronto-based Questrade offers trading in forex, stocks, precious metals, options, bonds, exchange-traded fund (ETF). It is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
Questrade is a subsidiaries of Questrade Financial Group, which also owns portfolio manager Questrade Wealth Management Inc.