Don't gamble with money you cannot afford to lose
Lempi is a brand new casino which can be enjoyed by Finnish players. We have to admit that some of the services of the house are indeed, quite enjoyable. For instance, it has a fairly generous Welcome bonus. There are also several hundred of the best games you could play today as well.
However, it seems that this is a bit of an unambitious casino. The scope of what it has to offer is incredibly small. Take, for example, the games we mentioned. Even though they include great titles by many of the leading developers at the time of writing, we would have liked to see a lot more of them. The payment methods are reduced to just one, too. Luckily Lempi is still very new, so it has a lot of time to improve its services. For the time being, however, is it worth playing there? Well, the following review will go over every significant feature of the casino, in the hopes of answering this exact question:
As we mentioned, there is a generous Welcome bonus with Lempi, but the problem is that the rest of the promotions it offers are mentioned only in their Terms and Conditions. Regardless, here is what we know of the two types of bonuses available with the casino:
|Bonus||Min deposit||Max bonus||Wagering requirements||Cash out limit|
|Welcome Bonus||€20||125% up to €400 + 50 spins||40x||€20 for FS/None for bonus money|
- The first of them, the Welcome Bonus, rewards you for placing your initial deposit with the house. Said deposit needs to be of €20 or more, which is a standard minimum deposit requirement in the industry these days. It adds 125% of whatever you’ve cashed in as Bonus funds, a significant multiplier. The maximum you can get is also fairly high – up to €400 worth of Bonus money, as well as 50 Spins for Big Bass Amazon Xtreme. These are some great conditions, but if you wish to cash out with the bonus, you will need to clear a wagering requirement. What does that mean? Every casino mandates that the player wager the money they have received as part of a bonus a certain amount of times. With this one, the specified amount of time is 40x. This stacks up pretty well up to the rest of the industry, as most other casinos require you to turn over bonus money between 30x and 40x! Even on the high side, we consider Lempi to be within the range we consider reasonable for such requirements. There is no cash out limit for bonus money, meaning the funds received as part of the promotion. However, the maximum winnings from the Free Spins issued are €20. That money is then converted to Bonus funds, which can be cashed out by following the standard 40x requirement. Once converted, there is no cash out limit on the money from the Spins either.
- Next, we know that Lempi issues Reload Bonuses. However, this kind of promotion is just briefly outlined in the Terms and Conditions of the casino. It might not be currently active. Either way, we don’t actually have any information on what the minimum deposit requirement of the bonus is. We assume it is within the reasonable too, because that was the case for the promotion above. Worse yet, there is no information on the size of the bonus, and we cannot speculate on that! On the other hand, we do know that the same 40x wagering requirement is applied to the promotion and that it has a cash out limit of 10x. This means any winnings which go over that limit will be kept by the casino. Such restrictions are not uncommon, and this one is not particularly unfair.
Overall, the Bonuses policy of the house could stand to be improved somewhat. That is because it not only lacks a sufficient number of promotions, but the Reload bonuses need to be outlined better. As for the issue of there not being enough bonuses, we hope Lempi introduces some more innovative promotions too – like a Cashback incentive, a Daily missions structure or even a Loyalty Program, to reward its loyal players for sticking around!
The license which Lempi has obtained comes from the diligent Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). This is a rather prestigious regulator, and we are happy that the casino has managed to get its approval. Let us demonstrate that Lempi is licensed there. Here is what the casino has to say on the topic of regulation:
The claim that it is licensed with the MGA is as simple to verify as clicking the logo of the regulator on the top row of the previous screenshot. Said logo is actually the Digital seal the MGA requires any license holder to implement on its website, in order for players to be able to check such claims. Here is where you are redirected if you do click the seal:
This is the page about the casino operator, Geokul Limited, in the register of the MGA. The page shows its regulatory status, that the company is indeed licensed. Scrolling down brings us to the list of licensed domains, which are connected to it:
On the very top of that list, you can find Lempi’s website. This means there can be no doubt that the house we are reviewing is licensed, and that all the protections you can expect from MGA approved casinos will be in force while you are playing here. Below is a list of what these protections are:
- One of the most important areas in which the MGA focuses is the safety of player data. That is often overlooked, but if you have played with any online casino nowadays, you know how much personal information one needs to submit in order to get started. That is for a good reason, since casinos need to clear their KYC checks. After the identity of the player is verified and their source of funds is established, the MGA requires casinos to store said information using some of the strictest encryption protocols available nowadays. These can ensure that you will not have to suffer any chance of there being a data leak or a hacker attack carried out against the casino!
- The second important set of protections this regulator has implemented has to do with the games you can play on the pages of licensed casinos. Every one of these games includes a random number generator – this is a complex mathematical algorithm, which determines the outcome of the bets players place. How can you be sure that these algorithms are not biased in some way? Well, if the casino holds an MGA license, they have been audited by independent professionals, in order to certify just that!
- Last but not least, curbing problem gambling is very important to most regulatory bodies. This one is no exception, and if you play with casinos licensed in Malta, you can expect two sets of anti-problem gambling policies to be available. The first includes providing players with sufficient information on what this looks like, as well as where to seek help if they feel like they need it. The second set of policies has to do with self-exclusion. More specifically, you can opt in to measures like enabling custom deposit limits or time out warning. If you need to, you can even close down your whole account!
As you can see, there are some great benefits to playing with Lempi and other MGA-licensed casinos. Back to our review, though, here are the languages we could browse the website in:
Languages: English, Finnish
Given that the house is focused on catering to Finnish players, that is no surprise! It is also not surprising that it does not open accounts to residents of the following countries:
Restricted Countries: Afghanistan, Aland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Caribbean Netherlands , Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, State of, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Réunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint-Martin (France), Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.), Wallis and Futuna Islands, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
Opening an account is pretty much only possible from Finland.
Deposit and Withdrawal
One of the bigger issues we have with this casino is the limited deposits policy. Here are the means of payment it accepts:
|Deposit method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
Currencies: Euro (EUR);
Trustly is an app which facilitates payments between banks and third parties like the casino in this case. This means that you need to have an account with one of the couple of banks that the house supports, in order to deposit at all. These are all banks from Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway, but the list might not be complete, and you might not be able to cash in with the house. That is bad, because it does require a deposit to be made in order for an account to be opened.
Regardless of the limited number of payment methods, the minimum deposit requirement is very reasonable, as it is set to just €20. Such an amount is fairly competitive nowadays. There is no information on what the maximum is.
The casino does not charge any fees when it comes to cashing in, but keep in mind that third party charges by Trustly or your bank are possible, and that you will have to cover those! Now, let’s take a look at what cashing out of the casino requires:
|Withdrawal method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
Before you can file a request to cash out, you need to clear a wagering requirement of 1x your deposits. That is a very common policy, aimed at combatting Money laundering and found with most casinos nowadays. Once you do so, you can only use Trustly once again. The issue with this is not only being limited in your options, though that is a significant problem to be sure. No, instead, the issue lies in the fact that bank transfers can take a while to process, especially since most banks don’t work on certain holidays or during the weekend.
And speaking of processing times, Lempi does not mention how long it takes to approve or deny a cash out request, which means that withdrawals could take much longer than we consider acceptable. Regardless, the rest of the conditions around them are very reasonable. There is a low minimum of €20 you need to cash out, while the maximum withdrawal amount per week is set to €5000. Once more, there are no fees for them either, but third party charges can be applied.
Lastly, here is how Lempi handles inactive accounts:
It charges them a small fee of €5 per month if you have been inactive for an year, and closes down the account in 18 months of this fee being charged. That is a fairly standard way for casinos to handle players who don’t log in and the size of the fee is pretty small too!
Games and Game Suppliers
Here is a list of all the Game suppliers which are featured in the games library of Lempi:
Game providers: Play’n GO, 1x2gaming, Microgaming, Nolimit City, Push Gaming, PragmaticPlay, NetEnt, Relax Gaming, Hacksaw, Spribe, Red Rake, Betsoft, Evolution;
This is an exceptionally short list and we generally expect to see around 50 to 100 providers. Even so, the casino has partnered with some of the most innovative developers, and you can play some excellent games:
- Slots: The most numerous category of games is the Slots. These include beloved classics like Big Bass Bonanza, Bigger Bass Bonanza, Big Bass Amazon Xtreme, Gates of Olympus, the Dog House Megaways, Book of Dead, Wolf’s Gold and many others. The games are divided in several sections with regards to their mechanics – there are Megaways, Grid Games, Sticky Wilds, Multipliers and so on. However, being able to sort them by the themes of each game would have been welcome too.
- Table Games: No casino is complete without a healthy collection of classics like Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes. Unfortunately, the list of these kinds of games available with Lempi is not impressive at all. First off, there are no virtual dealer rooms for them – only live dealer ones. And even so, the house features under twenty different rulesets and rooms across all of them. This is somewhat underwhelming and will let players who are looking for a traditional casino experience down.
- Game Shows: To compensate for its lackluster roster of table games, Lempi offers a good amount of Game Shows to tune in to. These include Crazy Time, Funky time, Dream Catcher and more. Tune into them from the Live gaming tab of the games library.
Overall, this makes for a limited library with strong games within it. However, we would have liked to see Lempi not only offer more types of Slots and Table games, but also whole other types of game it does not feature. For instance, it would have been great if it did offer its players access to Crash games, Scratch cards and so on.
To sum everything up, Lempi is a good enough casino to play at if you can live with its downsides. The most significant of them are the limited number of payment options and the shallow games library. We would recommend taking a look at another house, though, as that could probably be more fun and rewarding.