Don't gamble with money you cannot afford to lose
Betgrouse is a casino and sportsbook, launched in 2023 and licensed in both the United Kingdom and Malta. This makes the casino stand out, since it is not only fairly recent, but comparatively strictly regulated! If you are interested in playing in it, or betting on sports, you will be able to get a safe experience, as well as enjoy some of the newest, just released, casino games! Aside from that, the casino has the advantage of a great system of payment methods, with a low minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts. There are tons of options to pick from, for both deposits and for withdrawals.
However, this is not to say that Betgrouse has no downsides. On the contrary, it lets its players down in several huge ways! For instance, there are barely any bonuses to speak of. Also, even though it has a good amount of Game suppliers, and even though the casino’s game library is quite vast, it is incredibly disorganized. All of that means you need to carefully decide for yourself whether this is the right casino for you. And, in order to do so, you need more information on its features! This is exactly what the full review of Betgrouse will provide you with, so read on if you are curious about the house:
As we said, the amount of bonuses here is way too low. In fact, there are just two promotions which the casino offers at the time of writing. Both of them are Welcome bonuses, and you can only pick one of the two. Besides them, there are several Tournaments which are hosted by the Game suppliers the house has partnered with, and that is about all there is. Here is some more information on this lackluster promotional structure:
|Bonus||Min deposit||Max bonus||Wagering requirements||Cash out limit|
|Welcome Bonus||£20||100% up to £25 + 25 spins||35x||£100|
|Sports Welcome Freebet||£15||£10||0x||–|
The two Welcome Bonuses are available for both Casino game enjoyers and Sports enthusiasts. Here is what you can expect from each of these deposit incentives:
- The Welcome Bonus is quite pitiful. It requires you to cash in £20 to obtain, which is a bit higher than the average – £15. But, worse yet, the promotion is very unrewarding, as it only adds up to £25 to your balance! The maximums we see with other casinos are way higher than this. Sometimes, these are within the hundreds of pounds, and sometimes even thousands. At least the bonus is calculated as 100% of the cashed in amount, and at least it also has 25 Free Spins for the Book of Dead slot, which is beloved by players. The wagering requirement is decent – 35x, applied for both the Bonus cash and the Free Spins. Such requirements represent the amount of times you need to turn a bonus over before you can withdraw it, and are usually around 30x to 40x. The one with Betgrouse is right in the middle of that. There is a cash out limit of £100 for both the winnings from the bonus cash and the ones from the Free Spins. That is a pretty low limit, but the size of the bonus is fairly low too, so it is not that bad.
- If you are interested in sports betting, the casino will be able to provide you a Sports Welcome Freebet voucher. It can be obtained by cashing in £15 or more on your initial deposit. As we mentioned, that is the baseline for what minimum deposit requirement are nowadays, so we have no issues with it. Once you do so, you will be able to claim a Freebet voucher for £10. This basically means you get to place a bet on a sports event of your choice. This bet will be worth that much money, and you don’t need to worry about losing the bet, because the casino won’t charge you if you do. On the other hand, if you win, the money will be credited straight to your account balance and it can be cashed out instantly! Do note, however, that the voucher needs to be used in its entirety. It also cannot be applied to bets with odds of under 1.8. (4/5). The house also mentions that the winnings which are credited to you will then exclude the £10 from the voucher itself. Overall, this is a better promotion than the casino bonus.
We would also like to briefly mention the Tournaments which are available with the casino. These are run by the game developers Betgrouse partners with, as we mentioned. They seek to promote their Slots and to reward players for sticking around with them, by letting you take place in the Tournament. To enter it, all you need to do is play the participating slot games! At the end of the runtime of the tournament, you will get a special prize if you are among the top ten players. The way people are ranked in the competition is by their winnings and wagers.
To give a more specific example of what these competitions look like, the Drops and Wins tournament is currently running. It is by Pragmatic play, and with it, the developer hands out two different types of prizes. The first of these is the Daily Drop: One lucky player gets to win £35 000 daily, from everyone who played Pragmatic play games. The other component is the tournament itself, which ranks all of the players of Pragmatic Slots along the lines we just mentioned, and nets the top ten a combined prize pool of £225 000, every week. What’s even better is the fact that these are not offered by the casino, so there are no wagering requirements or cash out limits to speak of.
Of course, we would have liked it for Betgrouse to offer more bonuses too, especially ones which reward players for sticking around and cashing in after the first deposit is played through. Having to rely on Tournaments to get your bonuses is just not great, since these all have different runtimes. Also, a deposit bonus is predictable while winning a tournament is absolutely up to chance, so you cannot rely on them to provide you with more funds either!
One of the best aspects of this casino is the dual regulation of the casino operator behind it – AG Communications Limited. Let’s take a look at what it has to say about its licenses:
It claims to be regulated by both the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) and the Malta Gaming Association (MGA). Is this the case? Here is how we verified this:
First off, we headed to the register of the UKGC, which had the following to say about the casino operator:
This page certifies that AG Communications Limited is does hold a license. Also, we were able to tie it to Betgrouse fairly easily – here is the domain the casino operates from among the list of approved domain names, known to be operated by the license holder:
It is right under 666casino.com and above betiton.com. This means there is no doubt – Betgrouse is licensed in the UK! We also checked with the register of the Maltese regulator:
Here, the operator is licensed under a different name – Aspire Global Communications LTD. However, we were unable to find the domain of the casino among the list of approved websites with the MGA register. As we mentioned at the start, the house is still very new. So we actually believe it is more likely for the register not to have been updated than for Betgrouse to be lying.
But what does all of that mean, and why does it matter that the casino at hand is licensed by these two bodies in particular? Well, the answer to this question lies in the fact that there are specific protections each licensed casino can offer, based on whatever regulatory standards they need to comply with. The UKGC and the MGA are considered two of the strictest jurisdictions when it comes to setting these standards! Here is what you can expect as a result of that:
- There are measures which licensed houses take, in order to certify that their games have only fair outcomes. They submit them for review by authorized auditors, picked by the MGA and the UKGC in such a way as to avoid any possible conflict of interest! That way you can know you are playing actual games of chance with casinos!
- Secondly, problem gambling, and fighting it, are both given a lot of attention by these regulators. Houses licensed under them have to provide you with ample information on what this problem can look like, as well as where you can seek help if you feel like you are developing such tendencies. They also let you limit your exposure to casinos with certain self-exclusion measures you can take, like limiting deposits to a certain amount and setting time out warnings for yourself!
- Third but definitely not last, there are security measures regarding the data you share with a house. Since casinos need to collect a ton of personal information on their players, in order to comply with AML and KYC rules, they need to store it safely, using some of the best security protocols which are available to them. Leaks and data being obtained by hackers are very rare under these strict rules!
This is why we generally prefer licensed casinos to their unregulated counterparts. Back to covering Betgrouse, though, here is some more information about the casino, regarding the languages its website can be seen in, as well as the countries where it is restricted:
Restricted Countries: United States;
Deposit and Withdrawal
When it comes to cashing in or out of the casino, there are tons of ways of doing so! Below are all of the payment methods it accepts, as well as their details. We have also listed the different currencies that players can use to cash in or out:
|Deposit method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
Currencies: US Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound Sterling (GBP), Norwegian Krone (NOK), Russian Ruble (RUB), Brazilian Real (BRL), Indian Rupee (INR)
Note that, while that is a great amount of deposit means, some of them might not be available where you play from! An example of that are credit cards, which are not available for deposits if you are within the UK!
Other than this, the minimum deposit of £10 is excellent. There is a fee for cashing in via PayPay, which is quite high, but other than that, the casino does not have any charges for deposits. Do note that there might be third party charges too, which you will need to cover. This is how most other casinos also handle said third party charges, though! Now, let’s take a look at the withdrawal policies:
|Withdrawal method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
|Credit/Debit Card||£10||Unspecified||up to 6 days||Free|
|PayPal||£10||Unspecified||up to 48 hours||Unspecified|
|AstroPay||£10||Unspecified||up to 3 days||Free|
|Trustly||£10||Unspecified||up to 4 days||Free|
|MuchBetter||£10||Unspecified||up to 48 hours||Free|
|Skrill||£10||Unspecified||up to 48 hours||Free|
|Bank||£10||Unspecified||up to 6 days||Free|
Once again, there is a great range of means of cashing out. And once again, the minimum is £10, which is incredibly low! On the other hand, there is no mention of the maximum you can cash out. One can argue that this means you are not limited in how much you can withdraw at most, but we would not go that far!
Secondly, there is a different amount of time it takes for the payment to be processed, and what you see reflected in the table above are just the maximum timeframes in which each transaction is said to be cleared. Hopefully your money gets to your account faster!
Third, Betgrouse makes no mention of fees, but it is possible a special charge for cashing out via PayPal is present, because there was one for deposits. Such charges are pretty unpleasant, even if they are applied to just one of the payment methods. Additionally, third party charges will need to be covered by the player for withdrawals too. That is once again how most casinos do things, so we are not surprised.
As for whether you are required to wager your deposits a certain amount of time before cashing out, such a requirement is not mentioned either. On the other hand, you normally need to do so to comply with AML policies. So we expect the casino to want its players to do that before withdrawing, with a wagering requirement between 1x and 3x.
Finally, and on a slightly different note, there does not seem to be any fee for inactivity with this casino. While such charges are common, them not being present is obviously great for you!
Games and Game Suppliers
Here is a list of all the Game Suppliers which offer their titles to the casino:
Game providers: PragmaticPlay, Quickspin, 1x2gaming, Atomic Slot Lab, Booming Games, Gamevy, Oryx, PariPlay, Red Tiger Gaming, Skillzz Gaming, Yggdrasil, Tom Horn, Evolution, Betixon, Ainsworth, Ezugi, High 5 Games, ISoftBet, Red Rake, Spribe, Stakelogic, Skywind, Salsa Technology, RubyPlay, Play’n GO, Playson, Lightning Box, Leap-Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt, Golden Race, Gamomat, Eyecon, Authentic Gaming, Other;
We counted a satisfying amount of them, and you can play some decent games by the Suppliers. Here is what kind of games these are:
- Slots: You can play tons of classic Slot games, from Big Bass Bonanza, Book of Dead, Wolf’s Gold to ones like Gates of Olympus, Dog House Megaways and Starburst. However, finding anything you want to play is a pain since the casino’s library is woefully disorganized. There is no way to filter games by their providers, nor their themes
- Table Games: There are several live dealer versions of Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes we were able to find. But these are all lumped in with the Slots, so it is very difficult to know what the total amount of Table games available are.
- Game Shows: There is not a single Game Show which Betgrouse has to offer. This is very disappointing, since it partners with Evolution, the best developer of this kind of casino experience nowadays!
We’d also like to make a mention of the Sportsbook this casino has available. It takes forever to load, which is annoying, but there are some great events to bet on with it. For instance, there is a ton of Football games, and some can even be wagered on while they are ongoing. Some more niche sports like Waterpolo are available too, but there are no esports. This is a big omission, and we cannot say we are all too impressed by Betgrouse on this front!
Overall, Betgrouse is a decent casino, but you can do better than playing here, in so many ways! The house might have a strict set of licenses and excellent minimum deposits, but its games library is a mess. The sports betting experience is shallow, too. Even though it has launched in 2023, the casino feels dated! So, we recommend checking out other houses instead.