Japan’s Monex Group 10-mo FY 2016 consolidated operating revenue grows 17%

Japan’s Monex Group 10-mo FY 2016 consolidated operating revenue grows 17%

- in All News, Forex Brokers
Monex Group

Monex Group, a Japanese forex brokerage group, reported on Tuesday its consolidated operating revenue increased 17% on the year to JPY 46.3 billion in the April 2015-January 2016, which represent the first ten months of fiscal year 2016, ending 31 March this year.

In January alone, the group’s operating revenue stayed flattish on the month at nearly JPY 4.4billion in January 2016, which represents a decline of 3.3% over the year.

The broker’s consolidated financial expenses JPY 361 million in the first month of the year, compared to JPY 421 in the previous month and JPY 611 million a year earlier.

January is the tenth month of the broker’s current fiscal year, ending 31 March, 2016. In the first quarter of the fiscal year, Monex Group’s consolidated operating revenue amounted to nearly JPY 14.2 billion, after which it increased slightly to about JPY 14.8 billion in the second quarter, and went down to some JPY 13 billion in the third quarter.

More details about Monex Group’s financial metrics in the past ten months follow:

monex-table

 

Earlier this month, Monex Group said its trading volume from global operations amounted to $37.9 billion in January, while its daily average revenue trades (DARTs), or the daily number of transactions that generate revenue, numbered 359,627 per trading day. The broker also reported monthly data about two of its subsidiaries – Monex Inc. (Japan) and TradeStation Group, which is in charge of the group’s business in North America and Europe.
Monex Group operates under three retail trading brands – Monex, TradeStateion and Boom. The broker has said about 60% of its revenue comes from operations in Japan and the remaining 40% from doing business in the US.

The group companies include Japan-based holding company Monex Group Inc. and its Japanese subsidiaries Monex Inc., Monex Ventures, Trade Science Corp., Monex Hambrecht, and Monex-Saison-Vnaguard Investment Partners, which is a joint venture in which the group holds a majority stake. In addition, the group owns TradeStation Group, which is in charge of the operations in North America and Europe, and Monex International, aka Monex Boom Group, which is in charge of the Asian business.

Source: Monex

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Japanese crypto exchanges report 669 suspected money laundering cases

The 16 Japanese cryptocurrency exchanges have reported 669