Monex’ group trading volume plunges to $28.3 bln in Mar 2016

Monex’ group trading volume plunges to $28.3 bln in Mar 2016

Do not invest more money than you can afford to lose.


Monex Group, a Japanese forex brokerage group, said on Tuesday it saw its trading volume from global operations at $28.3 billion in Marh 2016, posting a drop of 34% from the previous month when the broker generated the largest value for the past year of $42.9 billion. The value is 31% lower if compared to a year earlier.

The broker’s global Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), or the daily number of transactions that generate revenue per business day, fell to 288,349 in March, by 18.6% over the month and 10.4% on an annual basis.

Monex march 2016

Monex Group operates internationally and consists of a group of companies based in Japan, Asia, North America and Europe.

Monex Inc. and TradeStation Group, two of the group companies, also posted lower DARTs in March. Monex Inc.’s DARTs amounted to 176,106, which represents a monthly decline of 18.9% and an annual drop of 10.2%, while TradeStation Group had DARTs of 112,769, or down 18.3% on the month and 10.5% year-on-year. The figures include not only forex data, but also information about options, futures, and some other trading instruments.

Monex Inc.’s average trade value from over-the-counter (OTC) forex activities fell by a monthly 30.7% to JPY 141.4 billion in March, which is 9.8% lower than a year earlier. Meanwhile, the broker’s trade value from stock brokerage operations fell 3.3% on the month to JPY 1.2 trillion last month, which, however, represents a drop of 27.6% over the year.

Monex Inc.’s total active accounts numbered 995,368 at end-March, which is up 0.2% from the previous month and 6% from a year earlier. Its OTC forex accounts stayed flattish on the month to 223,365 at the end of March, posting a slight growth of 6.8% from a year earlier. However, the active accounts of TradeStation Group posted a decline on both a monthly and annual basis of 10.8% and 6.7%, respectively, to 61,348 at end-March. Active accounts indicates the number of accounts (equities, futures, forex, etc.) with a balance of more than $200, or which have traded in the past 6 months as of the end of each month.

Monex Group operates under three retail trading brands – Monex, TradeStateion and Boom. The majority, or about 60%, of its revenue comes from operations in Japan and the remaining 40% from operations in the US.

It consists of Japan-based holding company Monex Group Inc. and its Japanese subsidiaries Monex Inc., Monex Ventures, Trade Science Corp., Monex Hambrecht, and Monex-Saison-Vnaguard Investment Partners, which is a joint venture in which the group holds a majority stake. In addition, the group owns TradeStation Group, which is in charge of the operations in North America and Europe, and Monex International, aka Monex Boom Group, which is in charge of the Asian business.

Source: Monex Group

Top Forex Brokers

BrokerCountryRatingMin. DepositWebsite
--- Click for a special offerWebsite
--- Click for a special offerWebsite

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *