Italy’s National Commission for Companies and the Stock Exchange (CONSOB) issued on Monday a list of companies that are not allowed to provide financial services in the country, but nevertheless do so. The regulator urged investors to be cautious when dealing with such entities.
Neither of the listed companies are authorized to provide investment services and business in Italy in any way.
The list of companies includes several binary options brokers – OptionBit, OB Fenix, Capital Markets Banc (CMB), and EasyInvestment500, as well as two forex brokers – FX Markets Capital (FXMC) and VIX500. Some of these companies are regulated under other jurisdictions, but are not authorized to do business in Italy.
Following are the companies, against which the Italian watchdog warned:
- Dc Digital Processing 2 Ltd. and Green Galaxy International SA, operating through the website www.optionbit-it.com
- two companies, both named Markets Capital Ltd., with declared headquarters in the Marshall Islands and in the United Kingdom, operating through the website www.fxmarketscapital.com and the web address www.fxmc.eu
- Ob Fenix, operating through the website www.obfenix.com
- Capital Markets Banc, Joshua Development Ltd. and Astra Financial Ltd., operating through the website www.capmb.com
- Blue Seal Ltd., operating through the website www.vix500.com
- Easyinvestment500, operating through the website www.easyinvestment500.com
In Italy, as in any other EU member, financial intermediaries, including forex and binary options brokers, are not allowed to operate without the proper authorization from the local authorities or the relevant regulator of any other EU country. If a broker is licensed in any EU member state, the license allows it to provide services in the rest of the union.
When engaging with unauthorized and non-regulated brokers, traders are putting their investments at higher risk. We strongly advise you to only deal with regulated forex brokers, authorized by reputable regulatory bodies like CySEC, FCA, and CFTC/NFA, among others.