Do not invest more money than you can afford to lose.
Belgium’s Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) has issued a long list of entities offering trading in forex, contracts for difference (CFDs) and binary options that are operating in the country, but have not been authorized to. These entities operate unlawfully and may hide potential risks.
Following are the entities against which the Belgian regulator issued warnings:
- Aaoption / CFDStocks / Pacific Sunrise UK Ltd
- Benedict Morris / BMBOption / Log Trading Capital Ltd
- BigOption / Wirestech Limited
- Brevan Invest / Kasuar Ventures Ltd
- Capital Epargne
- CFDStocks / Pacific Sunrise UK Ltd
- City Bank CFD
- Comex Partners
- Edgedale Finance / Gold Horizen Ltd
- Finances Capital
- Financial Futures Ltd (cloned firm) / Digifirst Hungary Kft
- FMTrader / Terapad Services Ltd / FM Marketing Ltd
- Ivoryoption / Arya Group Ltd / Arianus Marketing Ltd
- London Global Markets
- Markets Central Investment
- OptionXchange / Globe & co Ltd / Sterling Consultancy Options (SC-Options)
- Swiss Capital Invest (Swiss Capitalinvest / Swiss-CapitalInvest) / Atlasreference Unipessoal LDA
In mid-2016, the Belgian regulator banned the distribution via online channels of over-the-counter (OTC) binary options, spot forex, and CFDs with leverage. It is one of many European authorities to limit advertising of or trading in such instruments.